- Growth of low dimensional III-V and III-Nitride semiconductor heterostructures for high brightness LEDs and infra-red detection involving techniques such as Molecular Beam Epitaxy, Metal-Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition and Multi- component functional oxide thin films deposited by Multi-magnetron reactive sputtering, ECR plasma assisted growth, Excimer laser ablation and sol-Gel technique.
- Low energy ion induced effects in multi-component oxide films.
- Epitaxy & Ion-surface interactions.
- Ferroelectrics and Dielectrics for Random Access Memory applications.
- Artificial superlattices of ferroelectric and dielectrics for tunable microwave device application.
- Studying the coupled dynamics of electrical and magnetic domains in artificial superlattices of multiferroics and dielectrics.
- Synthesis and Characterization of Perovskite nanostructures using physical and chemical techniques.