Last Updated: April 28, 2007
Default faculty mailing address: Materials
Research Centre, Indian Institute of Science(IISc),
Bangalore - 560012, INDIA.
Phone: Country code-91; Bangalore city
code 80 from abroad and 080 from India.
Following his Masters in Physics from Bangalore
University in 1967, Prof. Shivashankar obtained
his Ph. D. in Chemical Physics from Purdue University,
West Lafayette, Indiana, USA in 1979. From 1979
to 1990, he was a research staff member in the
Materials Laboratory at IBM's T.J. Watson Research
Center, Yorktown Heights, New York, USA. He has
been a member of the MRC faculty since 1990.
- Development of chemical precursors
- MOCVD of oxide thin films
- ALD of metals and metal oxides
- Thermodynamic modeling of the CVD process
- Microstructure development in MOCVD-grown
- Properties of thin films
- "Determination of the enthalpies of sublimation
and evaporation from thermogravimetric data:
Application to metalorganic complexes of Al
and Cr", Gairola, Anshita; Kunte, G. V.;
Umarji, A. M.; Shivashankar, S. A.,
Thermochimica Acta (2009), 488(1-2), 17-20.
- "Assembly of sol-gel-grown LixCoO2 nanocrystals
through electromagnetic irradiation", Das,
Mahua; Ranjith, R.; Bittencourt, C.; Krupanidhi,
S. B.; Pireaux, J. J.; Shivashankar,
S. A., Applied Physics A: Materials
Science & Processing (2009), 95(2), 523-536.
- " Ellipsometric study of Atomic Layer
Deposited TiO2 thin films", Jaiswal, Piyush;
Kunte, G. V.; Umarji, A. M.; Shivashankar,
S. A., AIP Conference Proceedings (2009),
1147(Transport and Optical Properties of Nanomaterials),
- "Surfactant-mediated synthesis of functional
metal oxide nanostructures via microwave irradiation-assisted
chemical synthesis", Sanjaya Brahma, S.
A. Shivashankar, Mater. Res. Soc. Symp.
Proc. (2009), 1174-V02-08.
- " Microwave-Assisted Synthesis of NiO
Nanoparticles", Jena, Anirudha; Shivashankar,
S. A., AIP Conference Proceedings (2008),
1063(Mesoscopic, Nanoscopic, and Macroscopic