Last Updated: April 28, 2007
Default faculty mailing address: Materials
Research Centre, Indian Institute of Science(IISc),
Bangalore - 560012, INDIA.
Phone: Country code-91; Bangalore city
code 80 from abroad and 080 from India.
Dr. Ravishankar obtained his B.Tech. degree in
Metallurgical Engineering from ITBHU, Varanasi
in 1991. He then continued in the same field and
obtained his M. Sc. and Ph. D. degrees from IISc,
Bangalore in 1993 and 1998 respectively. During
his Ph. D. he spent time as a exchange program student
at Toyohashi University of Technology, Japan in
1996. Following his Ph. D., he was a Post Doctoral
Researcher and then Research Associate with Prof.
Barry Carter's Research Group at the University
of Minnesota from 1998 till 2002. Since 2002 he
has been on the faculty of the Materials Research
- Shape controlled synthesis of noble metals
and nanostructures and its properties
- Growth of Crystals from Chemical Reactions
- Solvothermal Coating of Noble Metals and
Semiconductors on Different Substrates
- Synthesis of Metals and Ceramics Porous structures
- Synthesis and Characterization of Bioceramics
- Surfaces and Interfaces in Ceramics and Metals
- Template Approach to Synthesis Ordered Arrays
- Patterning of Soft and Hard Thin Films
- Crystallization of metals and ceramics in
earth and space to study the effect of gravity
- Viswanath, B., Raghavan, R., Gurao, N.P.,
Ramamurty, U., Ravishankar, N.
Mechanical properties of tricalcium phosphate
single crystals grown by molten salt synthesis
Acta Biomaterialia (in press) (2008)
- Viswanath, B., Paromita Kundu, Mukherjee,
B., Ravishankar, N.
Predicting the Growth of Two-Dimensional Nanostructures
Nanotechnology 19, 195603 (2008)
- Viswanath, B., Ravishankar, N.
Porous biphasic scaffolds and coatings for biomedical
applications via morphology transition of nanorods
Nanotechnology 18 (47), 475604 (2007)
- Sinha, A., Mishra, T., Ravishankar,
Polymer assisted hydroxyapatite microspheres
suitable for biomedical application
Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine
19 (5), p2009-2013 (2008)
- Nethravathi, C., Ravishankar, N.,
Shivakumara, C., Rajamathi, M.
Nanocomposites of α-hydroxides of nickel and
cobalt by delamination and co-stacking: Enhanced
stability of α-motifs in alkaline medium and
Journal of Power Sources 172 (2): p970-974 (2007)